Islamabad Politics Report: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan presented the party’s 11-point agenda for ‘Naya Pakistan’, which according to him will help elevate living standards of the masses.
These are as follows:
1. Reforming the country’s health and education system
2. Debt repayment, no to external debt
3. Control over corruption and money laundering; strengthening of state institutions, judiciary
4. Investment, subsidies on gas and electricity
5. Low-cost housing, enhance tourism
6. Agriculture reforms: universities and modern farming
7. Provincial autonomy
8. South Punjab province, merger of FATA into K-P
9. Strengthen local bodies, 10 billion trees to be planted across Pakistan
10. Police reforms in Punjab and elsewhere, dispute resolution in police stations
11. Women empowerment
Addressing a massive rally at Minar-e-Pakistan in Lahore, he said the nation had never disappointed him and assisted him during ups and downs of his life and he too will reciprocate the gesture.
PTI chief vowed to fight forthe rights of the people of the country ‘till the last drop of his blood’.
Imran thanked the party workers and supporters for turning out in large numbers to witness the ‘historic’ gatherin.